Iris Tabeling reflects on German Open performances
First tournament out of three is finished for me. I started tuesday at the German Open with mixed doubles in qualification.
We played a pair from Finland, and we didn't have the best start ever. Still after 11 we started to get our game going and managed to win the first set. In second we totally lost it again and in the third there were some good parts, but mostly too much in a hurry and not enough quality. We really tried and i think we didn't give up, but it was not good enough to beat this pair. Lets hope we can raise our level next week.
In doubles I was already in main draw, playing wednesday against my CBA fellows Nadia and Sannatasah. We started good here and were patience in the attack, kept working hard and playing the long rallies. In the second game we started also with this plan, but in the end we went too much in the flat game and we lost. In the third we got back to our plan, at the we lost it a bit again, but in time we could continue to finish with a win!
In second round on thursday we faced a Chinese pair. We came out strong and had a lead for a long time in the first game. Unfortunately the Chinese changed it in the end and we still lost the first. In the second again we started good, but after 11 the Chinese changed their game a little, come with a bit more pressure and we couldn't adapt soon enough. Still we played a good game and can look back to some improvements after Europeans.
Today already practised again in Arnhem, monday we are flying to Birmingham for the Yonex All England. Im starting tuesday with both mix and doubles in qualification!
After thinking and contemplating over the last weeks, I have decided to quit my professional badminton career.
17 juli 2019
Van dinsdag 16 tot en met zondag 21 juli vindt in Jakarta de BLIBLI Indonesia Open 2019 plaats, onderdeel van de HSBC BWF World…
15 juli 2019
Bij de Yonex US Open 2019 in het Amerikaanse Fullerton zijn Mark Caljouw en het koppel Jacco Arends/ Ruben Jille er niet in…
11 juli 2019
Jacco Arends en Ruben Jille vlogen verleden week als enige Nederlandse badmintonners van Team NL Badminton alvast naar…
7 juli 2019
Technisch directeur (Victor Anfiloff keert terug naar het beachvolleybal. Anfiloff, die sinds 1 oktober 2018 in dienst is, gaat…
3 juli 2019
Bij de tweede European Games 2019 in Minsk (Wit-Rusland) hebben Selena Piek en Cheryl Seinen een geweldige prestatie geleverd…
29 juni 2019
Bij de European Games 2019 in Minsk (Wit-Rusland) gaat het mannendubbel Jelle Maas / Robin Tabeling met een mooie bronzen plak…
28 juni 2019
Bij de European Games 2019 in Minsk (Wit-Rusland) zijn Robin Tabeling en Selena Piek er helaas niet in geslaagd de halve finales…
28 juni 2019
Meer artikelen over mixed doubles
- Imke van der Aar and Debora Jille split up as badmintonpair - Christ de Rooij
- Jacco Arends and Selena Piek partnership ended: effective immediately - Jacco Arends
- Selena Piek: We are always hungry for more - Badminton Europe
- Iris Tabeling reflects on German Open performances - Iris Tabeling
- Gail Emms in België voor de Dag van de Trainer - Badminton Vlaanderen
- NK Badminton 2016: Jacco Arends en Selena Piek tegen Robin Tabeling en Samantha Barning - Redactie
- Samantha Barning announces her partner Jorrit de Ruiter is leaving the national team - Christ de Rooij
- Jacco Arends: If we hit our top level, we are hard to beat for any pair in the world - Jacco Arends
- Jacco Arends about quarter final against Xu Chen and Ma Jin: We're going to try and beat them - Badzine