Aankondiging Carlton International Youth Tournament 2013
On behalf of the Victoria Badminton Club from Hoensbroek, the Netherlands, I would like to invite you to participate in the 37th Carlton International Youth Tournament on Saturday 28, Sunday 29 and Monday 30 December of this year.
The individual tournament takes place on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 December and will be played in conjunction with the BWF age categories U11, U13, U15, U17 and U19. It is also part of the Dutch Badminton Business Netwerk Junior Master Circuit 2013/2014 in the age groups U13, U15 and U17. On the first day of the tournament, the semi finalists will be determined in all disciplines. In all age groups, the first round in singles will be played in groups.
Just like in previous years there will be a doubles tournament for players that do not qualify for the semi finals of the individual tournament. This doubles tournament will be played on Sunday 29 December. Furthermore, a team event will be organised on Monday 30 December. For this event, the national and regional teams from the Netherlands and all foreign teams are invited.
Since we are again expecting many high level players from all over Europe, the tournament will be played in four different venues. For the first day of the individual tournament, the age categories will be assigned to a single venue each. The number of entries for the different age groups will be limited in accordance with the maximum number of matches that can be played in the assigned venue. The preliminary venue schedule will be announced in the entry form. The final schedule will be determined as soon as entry has closed.
In order to facilitate the mentioned entry limitation, the registration procedure has changed. Registration will close earlier compared to previous years. The concept of the registration procedure per age category is as follows:
- Registrations must be done via www.toernooi.nl (English version available). More information follows on the entry form (middle September)
- Entries will be accepted according to the following order of precedence: members of national teams > members of district teams > members of regional teams > individual entries.
- Registration closes on November 15.
- In case of too many entries in an age group, the tournament organisation makes the final decision to accept or reject an entrie. Not accepted entries will be informed till December 1 by e-mail. Rejected entries will be placed on a reserve list.
In order to facilitate an efficient coaching during the matches, sufficient and clearly recognizable seats for coaches will be provided where possible. Coaches will receive a coach badge for identification. Furthermore, the loosing player of a match will automatically count the following match on the particular court or she/he will see to an adequate replacement.
With Carlton being our lead sponsor, the Carlton GT shuttlecocks are the official tournament shuttlecocks. For the U11 and U13 age groups this is the Carlton GT2, for the age groups U15, U17 and U19 it’s the Carlton GT1. Shuttlecocks from another brand or specification are not allowed. The organiser will supply two shuttlecocks per match in U11 and U13 and three shuttlecocks per match in U15, U17 and U19. The tournament shuttlecocks will be sold in the venues and can be ordered in advance by email or by using the entry form. Orders are very much appreciated since they ease our logistic planning to a great extent.
To participate in the team event, teams need to be registered till November 21. Contrary to previous years, also the player’s names need to be reported till this date. Changes of team members are however allowed till the first day of the tournament (December 28). We would like to stress that a team registration will only be accepted when the team is complete. If a spare player is needed, we offer our help. However, we can’t guarantee any spare player; the team itself remains responsible for this.
During the event we again offer the following extra service:
- In most of the venues there will be a badminton shop with stringing service.
- Sport friendly warm meals will be served in all venues during the day, the menu will be announced on our website.
- We offer assistance in finding hotel accommodation.
- On request we organise transport between the venues, the hotels and several airports.
After the success in the previous years, we’ll again offer an official tournament shirt this year. Printed with the 2013 tournament logo, the shirt is meant to be a nice souvenir for participants. The shirt will be offered at a sharp price and can be ordered by using the entry form. A preview of the shirt will be published on our website.
Further information about the tournament will be provided in the entry form as well as on our website. The entry form will be distributed shortly.
I hope this first information will be sufficient for you. On behalf of the organisation committee, yours sincerely,
Jessie van Wijk & Meta Knuth
Op maandag 26 juli komen de Nederlandse topbadmintonners al 's nachts en in de ochtend in actie tijdens het badmintontoernooi van…
26 juli 2021
De tweede singelaar van Nederland heeft zich in september 2018 vier doelen gesteld met als belangrijkste: Nederlands Kampioen.…
25 juli 2021
Vanochtend troffen Olympiërs Robin Tabeling en Selena Piek de nummers één van de wereld Si Wei Zheng en Ya…
25 juli 2021
Het vrouwendubbel Cheryl Seinen / Selena Piek is de Olympische Spelen in Tokio goed begonnen. De Nederlandse vrouwen waren in het…
24 juli 2021
Meer artikelen over international youth tournament
- Internationale jeugdtoernooien in Limburg en Haarlem afgelast - Redactie
- Internationaal jeugdtoernooi Hoensbroek door mijn ogen - René Sehr
- Buitenlandse hegemonie op Carlton International Youth Tournament 2018 - BC Victoria
- Topbadminton tijdens 42e Carlton International Youth Tournament in Hoensbroek - BC Victoria
- Drie dagen topbadminton tijdens internationaal jeugdtoernooi van BC Victoria - BC Victoria