Iris Tabeling: Time to leave Brno
The tournament started on Wednesday for me with qualification in both mix and doubles. We won both matches quite easily. As the second round of the qualification was on Thursday morning, the Wednesday was a solid day at the office.
On Thursday morning in mix we made it hard for ourself as we won the first set easily and then had a lot of problems to keep our focus, but at least we won in the end. The doubles was a really good match from our side and we were never in trouble. Both events into main draw.
Later that day the first round main draw was already on the program. First mix against a Russian pair, where we had to adjust in the first game to the fast and hard play from the opponents. In the second we adapted well and could finish it with a win. In this match I twisted my ankle in the third game, but luckily I wear ankle braces so I could continue.
In doubles we had to play Japanese. Not the most easy draw but we were ready to give a good fight and see where we stand with our level. We started well and won the first. After that the Japanese could make an even faster game and there we couldn't follow anymore.
We lost in three games, but not a bad performance against this Japanese pair.
In mix on Friday we played a pair from France. It was a game with ups and downs from both sides, and it could have gone either way. Unfortunately not our way this time, so that means the end of the Czech International for me.
Now travelling to Germany, where the first clubmatch is about to start. We play Bischmisheim, the runner-up from last season. Let's see what we can do tomorrow against them.
On Saturday morning CTGN published an article in which is was announced that the Chinese legend, Lin Dan has chosen to retire…
4 juli 2020
Onze sport is in de grootste crisis van de afgelopen 50 jaar en Badminton Nederland doet alsof er niets aan de hand is. Ze komt…
1 juli 2020
Badminton Nederland heeft besloten om de 72e editie van de Dutch Open (BWF Tour Super 100), het grootste internationale…
30 juni 2020
Yes, we mogen weer! Vanaf 1 juli is binnensport, onder voorwaarden, weer toegestaan en daar zijn wij ontzettend blij mee.
25 juni 2020
De introductie van de nieuwe sport was ook direct de introductie van de nieuwe AirShuttle. Op deze nieuwe AirShuttle is heel…
19 juni 2020
Gisteren werd in de diverse media nogmaals bevestigd dat de sportsector de komende maanden verder open zal gaan. Per 1 juli mogen…
5 juni 2020
In een wekelijkse update willen wij jullie graag op de hoogte houden van de laatste ontwikkelingen omtrent de badmintonsport en…
29 mei 2020
Tijdens de persconferentie van de overheid op woensdag 27 mei werd duidelijk dat sportscholen per 1 juli weer open mogen mits zij…
28 mei 2020
Meer artikelen over alex vlaar
- Pakt Bulgaar Alex Vlaar de titel in Zoetermeer? - BV Conquesto
- Vernieuwd eerste team VELO krijgt vorm - VELO
- Drie finales voor Bulgaarse topbadmintonner Alex Vlaar in Groningen - GSBC AMOR
- Iris Tabeling leaving Dublin after Irish Open with mixed feelings - Iris Tabeling
- Iris Tabeling: Time to leave Brno - Iris Tabeling
- Iris Tabeling: Winner of the Bulgarian International in mixed doubles with Alex Vlaar! - Iris Tabeling
- Alyssa Tirtosentono en Debora Jille stranden in kwartfinales bij Eurasia Bulgarian Open 2017 - Badminton Nederland
- Iris Tabeling ready to fight for new world ranking spots - Iris Tabeling
- Alex Vlaar en Manon Sibbald winnen Master Almere - BV Almere
- Bulgaarse Vlaar te sterk voor Limburgse Nottelman - VELO