Jacco Arends and Selena Piek partnership ended: effective immediately
The coaching staff and Selena have decided to split up our mixed doubles partnership and try playing with different partners. For me it came as quite a blow, as the start of the Olympic qualification is just around the corner.
In my eyes if we would change partners it should have been tried at least six months ago, or even earlier than that. But it is how it is.
I prefer to look forward and I can see good things ahead! I will start playing mixed doubles with Cheryl Seinen, which I'm excited about. I've played matches with her in our Danish club Vendsyssel and we have a good chemistry together. Of course I am also still playing doubles with my mate Ruben Jille, which always is fun! So let's bring on the coming tournaments.
Oh, by the way, I almost forgot. Some more good news. The recovery after my operation last November has been perfect. I've been working really hard on my rehab and it couldn't have gone any better. It seems like I am able to play matches pretty soon again!
Mark Caljouw en het vrouwendubbel Selena Piek/Cheryl Seinen hebben de tweede ronde bereikt op de Yonex Swiss Open in Basel. Voor…
3 maart 2021
Op de eerste dag van de Yonex Swiss Open in Basel kwamen twee Nederlandse koppels in actie in het gemengddubbel. Helaas bleek…
2 maart 2021
Afgelopen zaterdag 27 februari jl. vond de digitale Bondsvergadering van Badminton Nederland plaats. Alle 11 afgevaardigden waren…
1 maart 2021
Vanaf dinsdag 2 maart kan er in de St. Jakobshalle in Basel gejaagd worden op US$ 140.000 prijzengeld tijdens de Swiss Open 2021,…
1 maart 2021
Meer artikelen over partnership
- Ambitieus Badminton Nederland wil €300.000 in AirBadminton investeren in 2021 - Badminton Nederland
- Imke van der Aar and Debora Jille split up as badmintonpair - Christ de Rooij
- Jacco Arends and Selena Piek partnership ended: effective immediately - Jacco Arends
- Jelle Maas and Imke van der Aar: end of partnership - Imke van der Aar
- Samantha Barning announces her partner Jorrit de Ruiter is leaving the national team - Christ de Rooij