Iris Tabeling reflects on German Open performances
First tournament out of three is finished for me. I started tuesday at the German Open with mixed doubles in qualification.
We played a pair from Finland, and we didn't have the best start ever. Still after 11 we started to get our game going and managed to win the first set. In second we totally lost it again and in the third there were some good parts, but mostly too much in a hurry and not enough quality. We really tried and i think we didn't give up, but it was not good enough to beat this pair. Lets hope we can raise our level next week.
In doubles I was already in main draw, playing wednesday against my CBA fellows Nadia and Sannatasah. We started good here and were patience in the attack, kept working hard and playing the long rallies. In the second game we started also with this plan, but in the end we went too much in the flat game and we lost. In the third we got back to our plan, at the we lost it a bit again, but in time we could continue to finish with a win!
In second round on thursday we faced a Chinese pair. We came out strong and had a lead for a long time in the first game. Unfortunately the Chinese changed it in the end and we still lost the first. In the second again we started good, but after 11 the Chinese changed their game a little, come with a bit more pressure and we couldn't adapt soon enough. Still we played a good game and can look back to some improvements after Europeans.
Today already practised again in Arnhem, monday we are flying to Birmingham for the Yonex All England. Im starting tuesday with both mix and doubles in qualification!
On Saturday morning CTGN published an article in which is was announced that the Chinese legend, Lin Dan has chosen to retire…
4 juli 2020
Onze sport is in de grootste crisis van de afgelopen 50 jaar en Badminton Nederland doet alsof er niets aan de hand is. Ze komt…
1 juli 2020
Badminton Nederland heeft besloten om de 72e editie van de Dutch Open (BWF Tour Super 100), het grootste internationale…
30 juni 2020
Yes, we mogen weer! Vanaf 1 juli is binnensport, onder voorwaarden, weer toegestaan en daar zijn wij ontzettend blij mee.
25 juni 2020
De introductie van de nieuwe sport was ook direct de introductie van de nieuwe AirShuttle. Op deze nieuwe AirShuttle is heel…
19 juni 2020
Gisteren werd in de diverse media nogmaals bevestigd dat de sportsector de komende maanden verder open zal gaan. Per 1 juli mogen…
5 juni 2020
In een wekelijkse update willen wij jullie graag op de hoogte houden van de laatste ontwikkelingen omtrent de badmintonsport en…
29 mei 2020
Tijdens de persconferentie van de overheid op woensdag 27 mei werd duidelijk dat sportscholen per 1 juli weer open mogen mits zij…
28 mei 2020
Meer artikelen over mixed doubles
- Imke van der Aar and Debora Jille split up as badmintonpair - Christ de Rooij
- Jacco Arends and Selena Piek partnership ended: effective immediately - Jacco Arends
- Selena Piek: We are always hungry for more - Badminton Europe
- Iris Tabeling reflects on German Open performances - Iris Tabeling
- Gail Emms in België voor de Dag van de Trainer - Badminton Vlaanderen
- NK Badminton 2016: Jacco Arends en Selena Piek tegen Robin Tabeling en Samantha Barning - Redactie
- Samantha Barning announces her partner Jorrit de Ruiter is leaving the national team - Christ de Rooij
- Jacco Arends: If we hit our top level, we are hard to beat for any pair in the world - Jacco Arends
- Jacco Arends about quarter final against Xu Chen and Ma Jin: We're going to try and beat them - Badzine