Iris Tabeling reflects on German Open performances
First tournament out of three is finished for me. I started tuesday at the German Open with mixed doubles in qualification.
We played a pair from Finland, and we didn't have the best start ever. Still after 11 we started to get our game going and managed to win the first set. In second we totally lost it again and in the third there were some good parts, but mostly too much in a hurry and not enough quality. We really tried and i think we didn't give up, but it was not good enough to beat this pair. Lets hope we can raise our level next week.
In doubles I was already in main draw, playing wednesday against my CBA fellows Nadia and Sannatasah. We started good here and were patience in the attack, kept working hard and playing the long rallies. In the second game we started also with this plan, but in the end we went too much in the flat game and we lost. In the third we got back to our plan, at the we lost it a bit again, but in time we could continue to finish with a win!
In second round on thursday we faced a Chinese pair. We came out strong and had a lead for a long time in the first game. Unfortunately the Chinese changed it in the end and we still lost the first. In the second again we started good, but after 11 the Chinese changed their game a little, come with a bit more pressure and we couldn't adapt soon enough. Still we played a good game and can look back to some improvements after Europeans.
Today already practised again in Arnhem, monday we are flying to Birmingham for the Yonex All England. Im starting tuesday with both mix and doubles in qualification!
Bij de FZ Forza Irish Para-Badminton International 2019 in Dublin is Megan Hollander er helaas niet in geslaagd de finale te…
23 juni 2019
Ik ben erg blij om te melden dat het IOC vandaag, op Wereld Vluchtelingendag, via Olympic Solidarity een beurs heeft toegekend…
20 juni 2019
Van vrijdag 21 tot met zondag 30 juni 2019 vinden in Minsk (Wit-Rusland) de Europese Spelen 2019 plaats. Het badmintontoernooi…
19 juni 2019
Jeugdbadmintonners Wessel van der Aar en Ties van der Lecq bij Outdoor Badminton Festival op 6 en 7 juli in Zandvoort
Op zaterdag 6 en zondag 7 juli 2019 vindt op het Burgemeester Van Fenemaplein in Zandvoort het Badminton Festival plaats. Dit is…
19 juni 2019
Voorstel nieuw contributiesysteem per 1 januari 2020 afgewezen tijdens Jaarvergadering Badminton Nederland
Op zaterdag 15 juni jl. heeft in Vergader- en Congrescentrum De Schakel in Nijkerk de Jaarvergadering van Badminton Nederland…
17 juni 2019
Last period I have been struggling with my old injury again. So for now no tournaments...
14 juni 2019
Gayle Mahulette is na overtuigende winst door naar de tweede ronde bij de Spanish International 2019.
14 juni 2019
To all my family friends and fans. To everyone of you who have been a part of my life, thank you. A real big sincere thank you.
13 juni 2019
Meer artikelen over mixed doubles
- Imke van der Aar and Debora Jille split up as badmintonpair - Christ de Rooij
- Jacco Arends and Selena Piek partnership ended: effective immediately - Jacco Arends
- Selena Piek: We are always hungry for more - Badminton Europe
- Iris Tabeling reflects on German Open performances - Iris Tabeling
- Gail Emms in België voor de Dag van de Trainer - Badminton Vlaanderen
- NK Badminton 2016: Jacco Arends en Selena Piek tegen Robin Tabeling en Samantha Barning - Redactie
- Samantha Barning announces her partner Jorrit de Ruiter is leaving the national team - Christ de Rooij
- Jacco Arends: If we hit our top level, we are hard to beat for any pair in the world - Jacco Arends
- Jacco Arends about quarter final against Xu Chen and Ma Jin: We're going to try and beat them - Badzine