Will Fabienne Deprez and Peter Gade play an exhibition match?
Most avid badminton fans know German pro shuttler Fabienne Deprez as the 5'7" tall blonde athlete who made her international debut back in 2007 at the Belgian International. Now, at 28 years old, she's still going strong and steadily ranked 39th in the world in women's singles.
1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
I'm 28 years old.
3. Where do you live?
I live in Mülheim an der Ruhr in Germany.
4. Do you have any brothers and sisters?
I have 1 older brother.
5. When did you start playing badminton?
I was only a few days old when I came to the badminton hall for the first time. My parents both are playing. so I started playing when I was able to run :) the racket was quite bigger than me at this time.
6. Which racket do you play with at the moment?
I play with the BABOLAT x-act Pink.
7. Why do you like the single game?
I like the athletic part of the game. You have to be fit, creative and mentally strong.
8. What is your favourite tournament on the BWF circuit?
That is the Canada Open.
9. What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
Open my eyes.
10. Who is your favourite world badminton player?
I don't have any.
11. Which celebrity have you ever met?
12. Do you have any hobbies other than badminton?
I play the piano and I love to cook.
13. What does your ideal day off look like?
Get late out of the bed. Have a good and long brunch. Enjoy the sun and relax.
14. How will you get through your day now with the COVID-19?
My life didn't change much because of corona. I'm not going to night clubs anyways. I don't go for much shopping. I can practice but I'm just missing the tournaments.
15. Where do you like to go on holiday?
I went to the Maldives for a tournament last year. But I want to come back for holidays for sure. The little islands looked amazing.
16. Flammkuchen or Wiener Konditorei Sachertorte?
17. Against which player do you want to play a match that you didn't play yet?
I would like to play a fun match against Peter Gade. His skills are amazing.
18. How many hours do you train per day?
I train 6 hours per day.
19. What is your biggest win on the circuit?
Semi-final Canada Open 2019.
20. Which music do you like?
R&B and Housemusic.
21. What is your favourite kind of food?
Italian and sushi.
Brabant is van oudsher altijd een badmintonbolwerk geweest. Met name in de jaren negentig werden de kampioenschappen…
23 november 2020
Dit jaarplan 2021 wordt geschreven tijdens de tweede golf van het coronavirus. Deze tweede golf en de daaropvolgende…
19 november 2020
Most avid badminton fans know German pro shuttler Fabienne Deprez as the 5'7" tall blonde athlete who made her international…
19 november 2020
Tijdens de persconferentie van dinsdagavond 17 november jl. maakte het kabinet kenbaar dat we per 19 november terug gaan naar de…
19 november 2020
Meer artikelen over interview
- Will Fabienne Deprez and Peter Gade play an exhibition match? - Peter Beckker (BECA 2000)
- Topsporter Ruben Jille als nieuwe minister-president van Nederland? - Peter Beckker (BECA 2000)
- Wordt oud-topbadmintonner Dicky Palyama ooit MMA-vechter? - Peter Beckker (BECA 2000)
- Wat is het favoriete geurtje van badmintonner Soraya de Visch Eijbergen? - Peter Beckker (BECA 2000)
- Slaap zacht badmintonners van Nederland, wij weten wat goed voor jullie is - (bl)aad(je)